Pregnancy is a wonderfully natural thing. Some may even say that it is what every woman want in her life. But unfortunately, not every one is blessed with a child. It depends on various things. As it takes a man and a woman to make a child, the problem may lie on both ends. To become pregnant, these following criteria have to be met:
- The female must ovulate
- The male’s sperm count and motility has to be in the normal range
- Regular intercourse has to take place
- The female must have open Fallopian tubes and normal uterus.
If any of the above criteria is not met, the process can not take place. The whole process does no end here. These are merely the pre – requisite. For pregnancy to occur, at first one of the two ovaries that a female has must release a mature egg. Then the egg is picked up by Fallopian tube. Sperm from the male counter part swim up the cervix (of the uterus) and reaches the egg and fertilizes it in the Fallopian tube. This fertilized egg then travels through the Fallopian tube and ends up on the uterus. Finally, the egg gets implanted in to the uterus and grows.
A lot of things can go wrong when it comes to fertility. For women, the process can be disrupted at any step. Causes for female infertility includes:
- Disorders affecting Ovulation: PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Hypothalamic Dysfunction, Excess Prolactin, Premature Ovarian Insufficiency.
- Disorders to Fallopian tubes: This may be due to – PID or pelvic inflammatory disease, Any history of previous surgery in the pelvis or abdomen, Pelvic tuberculosis.
- Cervical or Uterine Cause: Cervical stenosis, Benign polyps or tumors, Endometriosis inflammation, Congenital uterine abnormalities, impaired uterine function.
- Unexplained infertility
There are many ways to battle infertility. Some are organic and natural. Natural ways are a good way to go because artificial ways like IVF may cause damage to the baby. One of the best ways to go about it is by taking naturopathic medicine. These medicine stabilizes the hormonal balance, regulates periods, cycle and ovulation times. It also helps in cases where infertility is caused by endometriosis and PCOS.
Another natural ways to treat infertility is using acupuncture. Acupuncture is good to ease any type of pain or stasis syndrome like period pain, irregular menstrual cycle, disorders of hormone, endometriosis etc. By applying small hair – like needles in certain places of the body, the chances of pregnancy increases many folds. Fertility experts say that, a treatment for at least three months is a very good way to boost the chances of fertility.
Now a days, many couples face the problem that is infertility. For many, this becomes a life and death problem. But all is not lost because now there are many natural as well as artificial ways to boost the chances of pregnancy. All it needs is awareness and willingness.